Rugged Open Workboats for extreme weather conditions
Helgeland Plast has now developed a new prototype for a larger cabin boat. This boat is based on an entirely new concept.
The boat has double buoyancy pontoons manufactured from 500 mm PE tubing. The hull is approximately identical to our other boats, featuring a 21° V-bottom, however, this model has 3 pressure-tested chambers. This ensures very good buoyancy.
The prototype has been equipped with two 265 hp motors, and the boat has a maximum speed of around 40 knots. Window wipers are installed for all front windows. A number of useful details are included, such as stainless steels shackles, lots of cabin space, slanted stern tube with incorporated steps and comfortable padded seats.
Polarcirkel Cabin 1050:
• Bow propeller 6hp, continuously variable
• Manual bilge pump
• Electric bilge pump with sensor
• Self-bailing deck
• Hydraulic steering with servo assisted steering wheel
• Motor installation includes battery, cabling, main power switch
• Built-in fuel tanks, 630 litres
• Built-in steps in aft pontoons
• Insulated motor hatch with pneumatic lifters
• Stowage space in bow
• Step mouldings
• Material: aluminium
• 14 windows, sliding windows for captain and helmsman
• Ladder to roof (mounted on rear side)
• 3 window wipers for front windows
• 4 adjustable chairs with padding
• Passenger bench on starboard side and stowage space under bench
• 6 Spotlighs (LED) in ceiling
• Exit on rear side. (Libra door)
• Mast with lanterns on roof
• Dashboard with motor control instruments, navigation equipment, etc.
• 2 cupholders
• Control handles mounted on top of dshboard
• Two 12V sockets in dashboard
• Fire extinguisher
• Large stowage space under forwar pulpit (A toilet can be installed here)
• Rescue door in pulpit. Libra door.
• Defroster 10 KW
• Railing along roof and walls
• Stowage net on rear side of seat