AKVA group Land Based Sømna AS is a leading supplier of land-based farming facilities. We are located at Berg in Sømna municipality. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of AKVA group. AKVA group Land Based, designs, manufactures and assembles complete plants all over the world.
The business unit Land Based in AKVA group is looking for a Technical Designer for modeling land-based farming facilities. As a technical designer in AKVA group, you become part of a team, and work closely with your colleagues in Norway and Denmark with the design of technology for recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS).
Responsibilities and tasks
- 3D modeling and production of 2D drawings and documents based on engineering calculations
- Documentation and reporting
- Develop and follow procedures and work instructions
- Participate in projects such as standardisation, development of solutions and product design/innovation
- Quality assurance of design and design reviews in collaboration with relevant project personnel
- Assist in other tasks as needed
- Relevant bachelor's degree, preferably with a technical background. Other relevant education and work experience can compensate for the requirement for a bachelor's degree.
- Good experience with 3D mechanical design tools (preferably with Autodesk Inventor)
- Good user knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD 2D
- Ability to quality control relevant models, drawings and documents
- Able to communicate in Norwegian and English orally and in writing
- Good technical understanding
- Structured and systematic approach to tasks
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Good sense of order
- Takes initiative and has a constructive approach to challenges
We offer work in an international and ambitious company where we strive to produce and deliver excellent aquaculture systems with optimal water quality conditions needed in land-based fish farming. You will become part of a team of enthusiastic and dedicated people. We offer you an exciting and demanding job with professional and personal development opportunities in an international environment.
The workplace will be at our office in Trondheim or Sømna.